Simon Air Quality Will Be Giving Away 10 Radon Measurements to 10 Lucky Winners!!
Start Date: July 1, 2017
End Date: July 31, 2017
Have you always wondered about radon? Curious about what it is and what it does? Maybe you know enough about radon to know you don’t want it harming you or your family.
For those of you who don’t know, radon is a naturally occurring, radioactive gas that comes from uranium deposits located deep in the bedrock in the ground. It’s derived from radium, which comes from uranium. Radon has a half-life of 3.8 days. It rises up through the foundation of any building, by means of stack effect and pressure differences/fluctuations between the soil, atmosphere, and indoor environment. It seeps in through water pipes, cracks in the foundation, gaps, holes, drains, wells, sump pits, or any other point of penetration through the foundation. As the radon builds up and decays inside your home, it releases alpha radiation/particles that we breath in. This type of energy causes harm to the lungs, damaging them and, over time, causing lung cancer. Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer after smoking. Radon cannot be seen, felt, smelled or heard.
Ready to Enter?
Here is your chance to get an accurate representation of the amount of radon currently in your home. Simon Air Quality will be offering a free short-term or long-term radon measurement to 10 people randomly selected from a list of participates. To enter into the giveaway, first read the terms and conditions below and then follow 2 simple steps that will not take longer than a minute to complete.
Terms and Conditions
- Must reside in Ontario, Canada
- Only one measurement per house. If 2 or more people from the same household win, they may give away their free radon measurement to a friend or associate who will take advantage of it.
- Must follow the steps completely and precisely.
- If you do not have a profile on any of the social media accounts, leave a comment at the bottom of the page and tell us about it. If you cannot leave a comment, e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Simon Air Quality will not share your contact information with anyone else.
- Odds of winning are based on the number of entries.
- The closing date is outlined on the individual giveaway.
- Only 1 entry per person.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the giveaway.
- The winners will be drawn randomly from a random number generator.
- The winners will be contacted within 5 days after the contest closes via email.
How to Enter
1) To enter, please share this giveaway contest on 1 or more of your social networks.
2) Fill out the contact information below. Don’t forget to include the handle of the social network you used to share this giveaway entry:
Get your FREE E-BOOK on radon and how a radon contractor can help you.
Leave a comment below to tell us what you think. Is there anything else you would like to see from Simon Air Quality? Maybe you have a different indoor air quality issue? Maybe you have some suggestions or ideas? Tell us about it below.